Vision & Values
We put our young people at the heart of our work, creating a nurturing environment where they are listened to and guided towards a better future.
> Our vision is simple: to be recognised as the most effective centre for the rehabilitation of young people affected by sexually harmful behaviour. With this goal in mind, we strive to achieve excellence and observe best practice across every aspect of our work. We also live and work by the principles set out in the government’s ‘Every Child Matters’ agenda.
> Our aims are clear: we seek to reduce risk by protecting those in our care and the community from sexual and other forms of abuse.
We aim to:
- Provide personalised therapy, a tailored education and a safe and comfortable home life to each young person we care for
- Focus on the individual developmental needs of each young person through a programme of specialist, customised and integrated care
- Continually develop our expertise in the treatment of abused young abusers by contributing to research and knowledge in the field.
> Our values are strong: we believe we can best achieve our vision by creating an environment where young people can find their voice, recover their confidence and consider the feelings of others. We do this by promoting and upholding:
- Equality, openness and honesty
- Respect for boundaries, staff, other residents and the wider community
- Positivity and enthusiasm for change
- The rights, responsibilities and uniqueness of each individual.